- 1 February 2007:World Forum on Food Sovereignty, February 2007, Sélingué (Mali)
Food sovereignty interests an increasing number of political decision-makers and movements from civil society. A steering committee made up of the Friends of the Earth International, Via (...)
- 7 November 2006:Regional forum on Food Sovereignty, November 7-10, 2006, Niamey
The ROPPA remains convinced that the mobilization of Farmers’Organizations and other public and private agents is necessary so that the principles of Food Sovereignty be adopted, applied (...)
- 12 October 2006:EU-ACP Trade relations: The Development challenge of EPAs, 12 October 2006, Brussels
The South Centre, in partnership with a consortium of ACP and European NGOs, is organizing a high-level conference on negotiations related to Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs). (...)
- 11 October 2006:International Working Group on Supply Management, 11 October 2006, Brussels
The Agribusiness Accountability Initiative is an international campaign which promotes collaborative responses to corporate power in the global food system. At a conference near London in July (...)
- 9 October 2006:Joint South America-Europe Soy Seminar
The next joint seminar on soy should take place in Paris, dates of 9th and 10th of October 2006 to be confirmed.
- 11 September 2006:Food Sovereignty and Supply Management, 11-13 September 2006, Montreal
The Movement for a Fair Agriculture (MAÉ-MAÉ) organizes on September 11th, 2006 an International Forum and on September 12th and 13th an International Workshop. The two activities will relate to (...)
- 5 September 2006:Doha Round - Negotiations on the trading of agricultural products, 5-6 September 2006, Washington
Seminar Carnegie Endowment for International Peace/Coordination SUD on the Doha Round: "Which are the losers and what can be their futures?"
Provisional list of (...)
- 16 May 2006:OECD Global Forum on Agriculture Constraints to Development of Sub-Saharan Agriculture, 16-17 May 2006, Paris
The aim of the Global Forum on Agriculture is to foster an informed dialogue between OECD countries and non-member developing and transition economies on agricultural policies issues. In recent (...)
- 2 May 2006:Which future for family farming in the ACP countries? Role of the organizations of producers in the challenges facing family farming in the ACP countries, Brussels, 2-5 May 2006
Although over 60% of the people in Africa still live off of agriculture, agriculture especially smallholder farming is facing severe challenges. The viability of most of small farms is threatened (...)
- 6 March 2006:Forum "Land, Territory and Dignity", 6 -9 March 2006, in Porto Alegre (Brazil)
- 17 February 2006:Europe and EPAs: Trade or development, 17 February 2006, Rome.
Meeting to discuss Economic Partnership Agreements (APE) within the framework of an Italian-Belgian European project with the African partners (in particular the (...)
- 30 November 2005: OECD Global Forum on Agriculture, 30 Nov -1 Dec 2005
- 16 October 2005: World Food Day (WFD), 16 October 2005
The WFD 2005 theme is agriculture and intercultural dialogue.
- 15 October 2005: World Rural Women’s Day , 15 October 2005
- 15 October 2005: STOP the WTO corporate agenda before Hong-Kong
An international demonstration in Geneva on 15 October (start 14.00 in front of WTO, Av. de la Paix);
An observatory of negotations, lobbying and symbolic actions from 17 to 21 October in (...)
- 30 September 2005:September 2005: Millenium Goals for development
United Nations Conference on the mid-term review of implementation of Millenium Goals for development (MDG n°1: reducing hunger and poverty)
- 20 September 2005:Market Access Revisited. Workshop held at the European Parliament in Brussels, 20 September 2005
A civil society workshop challenging the current EU strategy in WTO multilateral negotiations.
- 19 September 2005:European Soy Meeting in Brussels, 19-20 September 2005
This is a follow-up of the European Soy Meeting that took place in Aachen on 22 November 2004.
- 25 July 2005:10 years WTO- Which balance? Which alternatives? 26-29 July 2005
A meeting organised in Geneva by the General Council of Peoples on the WTO agenda before the Hong-Kong Ministerial Conference.
List of participants
- 22 May 2005: FAO Committee on World Food Security, 23-26 May 2005, Rome.
- 9 May 2005: Campaign of development NGOs within the framework of the Luxembourg Presidency
From the 9th to the 11th of May 2005 in Luxembourg
- 26 April 2005: The future of small farming
Electronic Conference from April 14th to June 15th, 2005 organised among others by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED).
- 16 April 2005:EU - ACP Joint Parliamentary Assembly in Bamako, Mali from April 16th to 21st 2005
- 7 February 2005:4 - 6 February 2005: Dakar agricole
An initiative of presidents Abdoulaye Wade (Senegal) and Jacques Chirac (France), the forum will be dealing with "The global agricultural divide: opening up projects for developing agricultural (...)
- 6 February 2005:1 - 2 February 2005: World Farmers Forum in Dakar, Senegal
Download the document drafted by the West African farmer’s organisations concerning the organization of a farmers forum prior to the official meeting (only in (...)
- 28 January 2005:26 - 31 January 2005: World Social Forum in Porto Alegre, Brazil
Various seminars and workshops will take place around "food sovereignty" and mutually supportive trade and agricultural policies (more details soon)
- 23 January 2005:18 - 23 January 2005: Workshop on mutually supportive agricultural and trade policies
Meeting of farmers organisations in Chapeco, Brazil, around the question "Prices, support and supply management"
- 13 June 2004:UNCTAD Ministerial Conference in Sao Paulo
The eleventh United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD XI) will take place in Sao Paulo, Brazil, from June 13th, to June, 18th 2004. The UNCTAD is the United Nations focal point (...)
- 15 December 2003:Meeting of the WTO General Council
On December, 15th, 2003, representatives from the 146 WTO member States will meet in Geneva, in the World Trade Organization’s main offices, to determine a new planning for the Doha round (...)
- 15 December 2003:How can we solve the impass of international trade negociations
Conference organised by the "Platform for fair and sustainable agricultures" (see position)
Monday 15th Decembre from 1:30pm to 6pm
See programme (in French only)
In Institut National (...)
- 25 November 2003:Congrès 2003 de la Coordination Rurale : « Pour une nouvelle organisation mondiale des agricultures »
Le congrès annuel de la Coordination Rural, signataire de la déclaration de Dakar, se tiendra à Auch dans le Gers (75 km à l’ouest de Toulouse) le 25 novembre prochain.
E-mail : (...)
- 8 November 2003:Conference on EU accession and agriculture
Organised by Friends of the Earth Europe in Krakow (Poland), from November 6th to November 8th See the programme on FoEE website
- 30 September 2003:Hearing in the European Parlement about evolution of farm income in the European Union
COMMITTEE ON AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
European Parlement- PE/X/OJ/03-15
30 September 2003 at 10.30 a.m. and 15.00 p.m.
12h00-12h15 Intervention of Professor Jean-François Sneessens on (...)
- 12 September 2003:CONFERENCE Profitable and stable agricultural prices. The key to sustainable global trade
Hotel Gran Melia Cancun, Blvd. Kukulcan, km 16.5 (Tel : 998 – 881 11 55)
Friday 12 September 2003 (2.30-5.30 pm)
French and English
Network of Farmers and (...)
- 12 September 2003:Böll-Forum “Agriculture and the WTO”, 12 September 2003
Agriculture and its treatment by and within the WTO will be one of the hottest issues in Cancun. The HBF has consequently decided to dedicate two major events at its Böll Forum to agriculture. (...)
- 10 September 2003:The Fifth WTO Ministerial Conference
The Fifth WTO Ministerial Conference will be held in Cancún, Mexico from 10 to 14 September 2003. The main task will be to take stock of progress in negotiations and other work under the Doha (...)
- 10 September 2003:SUSTAINABLE TRADE SYMPOSIUM AND FAIR TRADE IN THE AMERICAS FORUM (September 10-11, 2003)
Three events organized by an international steering committee comprised of the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP), Comercio Justo Mexico, Equiterre, Oxfam International and Gerster (...)
- 9 September 2003:Agriculture Caucus in Cancun
September 9th – September 14th: Each day from 5pm to 6.30 pm
At: NGO Center, Room Number 6 (Room name: Papaloapan), Hotel Sierra: Av. Kukulcán Km. 10, Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Q. Roo, (...)
- 8 September 2003:Program of Via Campesina and UNORCA in Cancùn
Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexique Via Campesina, UNORCA
* 8-9 Septembre : Forum paysan international
* 10 Septembre : Marche paysanne internationale « Pour les droits des paysans et la souveraineté (...)