Context The context in which the question of agricultural market regulation needs to be considered has changed drastically as a result of the events of the past two years. From the early 1980s (...)
Representatives of family farmers organizations and agricultural producers of more than thirty countries from Africa, America, Asia and Europe have decided to act in concert and try to coordinate their activities concerning the trade negociations in the WTO. Their objective is to work towards the implimentation of mutually supportive agricultural and trade policies. They have adopted in May 2003 the Dakar Declaration which is the basis of this process of dialogue.
- The Call from Chapecó in four languages
You can now download the Call from Chapecó in English,French,Portuguese, and Spanish. See below.
- The Dakar Declaration in seven languages
You can now download the Declaration of Dakar in Dutch, English,French,German,Italian,Portuguese, Spanish. See (...)
- Chapeco - January 2005: Workshop for mutually supportive agriculture and trade policies - "Prices, domestic support and supply management"
The signatory farmers organisations of the Dakar Declaration for "mutually supportive agricultural and trade policies" met in Chapecó, Brazil, (...)
- Dakar - May 2003: The Dakar Declaration for mutually supportive agricultural and trade policies
At the time of the seminar of Dakar (May 19-21, 2003), in addition to the declaration adopted by representatives of family farmers organizations (...)
- Brussels - October 2002: Market access, spearhead for deregulation?
On 21-22 October 2002 representatives of 25 farmers’ organisations from Africa, Europe and Canada met in Brussels to compare their (...)
- No to a US-EU Free Trade Area
- The European Parliament will soon vote on a report which calls for « a transatlantic barrier-free market by 2015 ». The European Farmers (...)
- EcoFair Trade Dialogue: New Directions for Agricultural Trade Rules
- The EcoFair Trade Dialogue aims to push the debate about WTO and the agricultural trade system further. Although there seems to be a widespread (...)
- Dynamics of International Agricultural Prices
- The document below is a synthesis of a seminar Co-organized on June 7, 2005 by the CERI, Coordination Southern, the CIRAD and GEMDEV on the (...)
- Regional forum on Food Sovereignty, November 7-10, 2006, Niamey
- The ROPPA remains convinced that the mobilization of Farmers’Organizations and other public and private agents is necessary so that the (...)
- Worshop outside the 11th ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly, 19 June 2006, Vienna
- “Could the EPAs be an instrument to promote socio-economic and cultural integrations in the ACP regions", this is the question on which (...)
- OECD Global Forum on Agriculture Constraints to Development of Sub-Saharan Agriculture, 16-17 May 2006, Paris
- The aim of the Global Forum on Agriculture is to foster an informed dialogue between OECD countries and non-member developing and transition (...)